Get started with our web design course today
and become an expert
Introduces the creation of sophisticated, dynamic, interactive and fully functional websites using WordPress, a Content Management System (CMS). Includes installing and modifying themes, creating efficient site navigation using menus and categories, organizing a site, enhancing a site with plugins and widgets, integrating a blog, and creating user functionality with user logins. Covers basic HTML and CSS and site planning.
- Purchasing a domain
- Purchasing a web host
- Linking your domain name with your web host
- Setting up WordPress
- Dashboard Menu Options
- Adding Theme
- Hiding the Toolbar
- Posts versus Pages
- Adding your Site Content
- Adding a New Page
- Adding a New Post
- Adding Content with the Visual Editor
- Switching to the Text Editor
- Changing your Post Format
- Reviewing Past Revisions
- Images and Other Media
- Inserting an Image
- Edit of delete an Image
- Setting a Featured Image
- Insert an Image Gallery
- Edit or delete an Image Gallery
- Insert an Audio or Video Content or other file
- Getting Started with HTML and CSS
- Adding HTML links
- Insert links to media files
- Editing an HTML link
- Removing an HTML link
- Editing existing Content
- Deleting Content
- Saving and Publishing Content
- Listing Items with HTML
- Styling of Contents with CSS
- Getting Started with WordPress Plugin
- Adding New Plugin
- Activating & Deactivating Plugin
- Adding Contact Form for Newsletters
- Mailchimp Integration with WordPress
- Getting Start with Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Integration with WordPress
- Activating Google Console
- Activating Google Analytics
- Working with Elementor Page Builder
Text Book: WordPress: Visual Quickstart Guide (2nd Edition) by Matt Beck, Jessica Neuman Beck
This is the suggested book for the class. While most of the lesson plans are unique, many of the topics and some exercises will stem from this book.
Homework will be given at the end of each class and due at the beginning of the following class.
It is recommended that students spend time outside of class using WordPress CMS in order to fully grasp the lessons learned in class.
Final Project & Exam
To fulfill the requirements of this course, the final project must be submitted at the beginning of class on Day 4.
This project will incorporate lessons from each class session and must be done using WordPress CMS.
Training Fee: Thirty Thousand Naira only (₦30,000.00)
Training Venue: MindtheGap Innovation Hub; 2ND floor Tapa house Imam Dauda Street off Eric Moore Road, Surulere, Lagos.
Method of Payment: Make all Cash, Bank transfer or Check payments for any training program of your choice in favor of I.M.I.T Technologies as account name with the account number 2131133505, United Bank for Africa (UBA).
Endeavor to bring the teller or debit alert in case of bank transfer payment to the training venue for verification.
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
- Use WordPress software to create personal and/or business websites following current professional and/or industry standards.
- Use basic HTML and CSS to edit content and modify formatting in a WordPress website.
- Understand the process of planning a website and incorporate site planning concepts in the design of a WordPress website.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be based on completion of project(s) developed individually.
Assessment Strategies for each Outcome:
Students will create a functional multi-page website using WordPress on a remote server. The site may include some or all of the following:
- Categories & Tags
- Plugins & Widgets
- Site navigation using menus and Categories
- User Login
It is recommended that you have the basic knowledge of Computer usage. Coding, HTML or CSS knowledge is NOT a prerequisite for taking up this training. The class is for beginners!
- Weekends (4 – Saturdays )
- Time: 9 am – 12 noon
Please note: You can request for a training at your convenient days and time
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or
blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.