CompTIA Network +
The Official CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. It also addresses the content described in the exam objectives for the CompTIA Network+ certification. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, obtaining the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ examination.
Lesson 1: Network Theory
Topic A: Network Types
Topic B: Network Standards and the OSI Model
Topic C: Data Transmission Methods
Lesson 2: Bounded Network Media
Topic A: Copper Media
Topic B: Fiber Optic Media
Topic C: Bounded Network Media Installation
Lesson 3: Unbounded Network Media
Topic A: Wireless Networking
Topic B: Wireless Network Devices and Components
Topic C: Implement Wireless Technology
Topic D: Internet of Things
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
Topic A: Physical Network Topologies
Topic B: Logical Network Topologies
Topic C: Ethernet Networks
Topic D: Network Devices
Lesson 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
Topic A: The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
Topic B: IPv4 Addressing
Topic C: Default IP Addressing Schemes
Topic D: Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
Topic E: IPv6 Addressing
Lesson 6: Routing and Switching
Topic A: Switching
Topic B: Network Packet Routing
Topic C: Static and Dynamic IP Routing
Topic D: VLANs
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Implementation
Topic A: Configure IP Addresses
Topic B: Naming Services
Topic C: TCP/IP Utilities
Topic D: Common TCP/IP Protocols
Lesson 8: Network Security Analysis
Topic A: Introduction to Network Security
Topic B: Network Security Policies
Topic C: Physical Security
Topic D: Common Network Attacks
Lesson 9: Network Security Implementation
Topic A: Authentication
Topic B: Access Control
Topic C: Port, Service, and Protocol Security
Topic D: Wireless Network Security
Topic E: Patches and Updates
Topic F: Mitigation Techniques
Lesson 10: WAN Infrastructure
Topic A: WAN Basics
Topic B: WAN Connectivity Methods
Topic C: WAN Transmission Technologies
Topic D: VoIP
Lesson 11: Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
Topic A: Virtualization Technologies
Topic B: Network Storage Technologies
Topic C: Cloud Computing
Lesson 12: Remote Networking
Topic A: Remote Network Architectures
Topic B: Remote Access Network Implementations
Topic C: Virtual Private Networking
Lesson 13: Network Management
Topic A: Monitor Networks
Topic B: Document the Network
Topic C: Establish Baselines
Topic D: Optimize Network Performance
Topic E: Ensure Business Continuity
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Network Issues
Topic A: Network Troubleshooting Methodology
Topic B: Network Troubleshooting Tools
Topic C: Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
Topic D: Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
Topic E: Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
Who should be trained?
Network+ Certification training is considered a solid foundation certification for anyone interested in an IT career or to prove existing knowledge in basic IT networking and network support. With Network+ certification training at I.M.I.T Technologies, the student will learn:
- Basics of networking theory, concepts and networking methods
- Basics of networking data delivery
- Networking media, cabling and hardware
- Networking protocols and the OSI model
- Networking Operating Systems
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- Basics of PC and networking security
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- Network Administrator, Network Technician, Network Installer, Help Desk Technician, IT Cable Installer
Before pursuing your Network+ training and certification, it is expected but not mandatory that you achieve A+ Certification first.
- Weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
Please note: You can request for a training at your convenient days and time